- Google Finds It Hard to Reinvent Philanthropy
Google.org = fail. Sigh.
- Facebook and sadness
- The Viral Me
- The Energy Foundation: A Major Speed-Freak Grantmaker
- Vermont Challenging Corporate Personhood
- Introducing the Amazon Simple Email Service (AWS Evangelist/Amazon Web Services Blog)
- Conservative Supreme Court justices no longer bothering to avoid appearance of conflicts of interest
- New York Times Readies Pay Wall (Russell Adams/Wall Street Journal)
- All budget cuts are not equal
- The Overton Window of political violence
Right-wing lies and exaggerations are more than just a Rovian campaign tactic that stirs up emotions and turns out the vote. They serve to shift the Overton Window of political solutions toward the acceptability of violence. When this is combined with major media figures that seem to delight in provoking discussion of reloading, as well as a base that seems to fantasize about killing people they don’t like, an escalation of political violence should come as no surprise. And fixing one problem alone won’t do the trick.
- Bad Climate for Global Warming
We’re hiring (again) at Groundwire. Are you a CRM rockstar?
- The role of the Internet as a platform for collective action grows – O'Reilly Radar
- What Really Happened to 15 Million Jobs?
- Corporate ‘personal privacy’? Case watched for any hint of Supreme Court bias.
- Bore Surfing
- Transit Master Plan Progresses: Looking at Trips
- Palin: Criticism of conservatives will result in violence
- Insurrectionism Timeline – Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
- Python wins the TIOBE Programming Language Award of 2010
- On the Debt Ceiling, Silence is Golden: Let Wall Street Battle the Tea Party
- Is Obama’s EPA trying to implement ‘backdoor cap-and-trade’? Um, no.
- Theses About Foundations
- I have found the cognitive surplus, and it hates pigs
Today is the one-year anniversary of the Citizens United Supreme Court case. Gideon Rosenblatt has a fantastic, in-depth piece up on Huffington Post that covers why campaign finance reform is an urgent, fundamental issue that the progressive community needs to rally around in a concerted, strategic way. Hint: money is corrupting not only policy decisions, but the very democratic process itself.
Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, and supporters: people are dead today because of you.
Time to take a stand, indeed.
- How Maury Island’s mining opponents finally prevailed
- Wherein we witness a public brawl about journalism, privacy, and ethics
- Pickens Wind-Power Plan Comes To a Whimpering End
- Environmental community shifts focus away from Washington with ‘think local’ strategies
- Dear Governor Gregoire;
- Let's talk parenting taboos: Rufus Griscom + Alisa Volkman | Video on TED.com
- Monbiot.com » Reclaim the Cyber-Commons