- Google Finds It Hard to Reinvent Philanthropy
Google.org = fail. Sigh.
- Facebook and sadness
- The Viral Me
- The Energy Foundation: A Major Speed-Freak Grantmaker
- Vermont Challenging Corporate Personhood
- Introducing the Amazon Simple Email Service (AWS Evangelist/Amazon Web Services Blog)
- Conservative Supreme Court justices no longer bothering to avoid appearance of conflicts of interest
- New York Times Readies Pay Wall (Russell Adams/Wall Street Journal)
- All budget cuts are not equal
- The Overton Window of political violence
Right-wing lies and exaggerations are more than just a Rovian campaign tactic that stirs up emotions and turns out the vote. They serve to shift the Overton Window of political solutions toward the acceptability of violence. When this is combined with major media figures that seem to delight in provoking discussion of reloading, as well as a base that seems to fantasize about killing people they don’t like, an escalation of political violence should come as no surprise. And fixing one problem alone won’t do the trick.
- Bad Climate for Global Warming