I’ve been thinking a bunch about the challenges of making cultural transformation in the organizations I work with here at Groundwire. It’s a tough challenge. The first step, it seems, is about naming the changes we want to help folks make.
Here are some rough notes that popped out as I was gathering my thoughts for a meeting. I’d love to know what thoughts they provoke for you.
From –> To
- Broadcast –> Dialogue
- Formal –> Conversational
- Organizational voice –> Personal voice
- Goals –> Values
- Centralized communications –> Distributed through many channels
- Intuitive decisions –> Data driven decisions
- Master planned –> Continual refinement toward clear big picture goals
- Set the agenda –> Respond to what’s hot that fits your goals & values
- Always the center of collaborations –> Partner more, and more informally