Chris Johnson describes a new innovation in speed geeking/lightning talk technique, pioneered at the Plone community’s recent BBQ Sprint:
Pintification : The act of conveying your idea before the judge finishes his drink
An interactive variant on lightning talks
The rules for pintification are simple.
- the new speaker buys the last speaker a drink
- The speaker must finish his talk before the drinker finishes his drink.
- Drinker may drink at any speed he or she feels is appropriate given the quality of the speaker.
- Crowd may encourage the drinker to drink faster
- Crowd may refill the drinkers glass in order to force the speaker to talk longer.
- If the speaker declares his or herself done, drinker must finish drink.
- When drinker finishes, the speaker takes his place with a new drink of his or her choice and a new speaker starts.
I love it!