It’s always easy to focus on things that are going wrong or could be better. Here are some patterns for creating great products that I appreciate and are worth amplifying.
- Slow down to go faster (and better)
- Push decisions down to the lowest level possible
- Values create value — but only if your behaviors align with your values!
- Create collaboratively, but not by committee
- Speak truth with kindness
- Minimize distractions
- The best idea can come from anywhere
- Trust (but verify) your intuition
- Simplify and iterate
- Psychological safety
- Relationships and appreciation
Yes, each of these can be reduced to a caricature or a cliche, but if you actually structure your organization and the rhythm of work to embrace these practices, some pretty profoundly good things can start to happen.